About the training materials
Understanding the Business Environment is an important starting point for anyone looking for a career in Business Administration. For that reason, a module on this topic is often one of the mandatory units for Level 2 qualifications.
This course is designed to provide an overview of the main learning outcomes required. It assumes no prior knowledge of business, management or administrative skills and is therefore suitable as an introductory session as part of a course, or a stand-alone refresher.
The materials consist of a twenty slide PowerPoint presentation accompanied by a twelve-page textbook in PDF format. This can be used to provide notes for trainers or distributed as full course notes.
The course covers:
- Different types of businesses
- How businesses function
- The scope and size of business
- Working in large and small organisations
- Changing patterns of employment
- Understanding market forces
If you prefer to create your own course slides, the textbook is available separately from the link below.
Download a sample of pages from the textbook
* Please note that this is a watermaked low-resolution pdf that cannot be used for training purposes.
PowerPoint deck of 20 illustrated slides
A twelve-page PDF file providing detailed information about each of the topics covered.
What you need to know
Content best suited to a course lasting 2-3 hours
Supplied as a ZIP file - approx 8MB
Suitable for Level 2 learners
* More information about levels of education in the UK can be found in an article in the TIPS SECTION
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.